28 Jun 2019
- Education: Vocational Training of Professional Cooking in Western Cuisine.
- Experience: 5 years working experience with 2 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure.
- Certification and training in internationally recognized sanitation standard such as ServSafe or HACCP is perferred.
- Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills & good team player
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skill.
- Outgoing with effective communication with all levels of staff and members.
Exceptionally innovative Sous Chef with minimum five years’ experience in operations preparing a wide variety of unique appetizers, soups, entrées, sauces, and desserts. Proficient in numerous cooking techniques and also perfection in western cuisines with talent for working with ingredients from countries around the world. Proven leadership skills with a track record of training, developing, and fostering strong teams focused on quality, presentation, cost control, and safety. Hands on approach to cooking and leadership is an absolute must.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Maintain good relationship with service brigade to keep a co-operative atmosphere between cooks and service team.
- Bring new ideas to improve the quality and varieties of dishes.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Works with Restaurant Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Supervise and operate the kitchen serving as well as private events under the direction of the Restaurant Chef.
- Supervise and instruct kitchen staff in guidelines set by the Executive Chef in order to obtain satisfactory food preparation and achieve improvements.
- Assist in keeping daily control over food cost.